A list of those reports, proceedings, papers and other publications available for download or on request.
Research Project Summaries
- Research Summary Report 2013
- Research Project Summaries 2012
- Research Project Summaries 2011
- Research Project Summaries 2010
- Research Project Summaries 2009
- Research Project Summaries 2008
- Research Project Summaries 2007
Codes of practice, operating procedures and environmental guidelines
- Biosecurity Protocol for Field Survey Work (505.83 kB)
- Code of Practice for the use of Fyke Nets for Fisheries Management Purposes (615.81 kB)
- Guidelines on the Planning, Design, Construction & Operation of Small-Scale Hydro-Electric Schemes and Fisheries (438.5 kB)
- OPW Environmental Management Protcols and SOPs 04/11 (4.48 MB)
- Planning for Watercourses in the Urban Environment (3.43 MB)
Irish Freshwater Fisheries, Ecology and Management Series
- Quantification of the Freshwater Salmon Habitat Asset in Ireland using data interpreted in a GIS platform.
Available for purchase. Find out more about Quantification of the Freshwater Salmon Habitat Asset in Ireland.
- Channels & Challenges.The enhancement of salmonid rivers.
This book examines the work done on the improvement and management of Inland Fisheries over the past number of years. Available for purchase. Find out more about Channels and Challenges.
- Dace (Leuciscus leuciscus L.): an Invasive Fish Species in Ireland (1.33 MB).
- An assessment of the impact of navigation construction on the lower Lough Allen fishery.
- Brown Trout in Ireland.
This beautifully illustrated book deals with all aspects of the trout's ecology and biology. It is written in a very readable style and would appeal, particularly, to the inquisitive angler who wishes to know more about his quarry. Available for purchase. Find out more about Brown Trout in Ireland.
- First record and initial hydroacoustic stock assessment of pollan Coregonus autumnalis Pallas in Lough Allen, Ireland. Biology and Environment: Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy 110B, 69-74. (518.87 kB)
- Chub (Leuciscus cephalus): a new potentially invasive fish species in Ireland. Aquatic Invasions (2008) Volume 3, Issue 2: 201-209 (890.04 kB)
- The Water Framework Directive: using fish as a management tool. Biology and Environment: Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy 109B, 191–206. (423.81 kB)
Reports and Proceedings
Lough Melvin Nutrient Reduction Programme
- Lough Melvin Cachment Management Plan - Executive Summary (3.18 MB)
- Evaluation of the controls and governance arrangements pertaining to the management of Lough Melvin (452.44 kB)
- To develop and provide an agri-environmental suite of measures to safeguard and improve the environment of the Lough Melvin catchment (4.37 MB)
- To investigate the use of nutrient trading (703.04 kB)
- Economic value of fish species (380.73 kB)
- To develop and provide an agri-environmental suite of measures to safeguard and improve the environment of the Lough Melvin catchment (516.92 kB)
- Water Quality and Limnology of Lough Melvin 1990-2007 (762.63 kB)
Water quality reports
- Lough Sheelin and its catchment Water Quality Status and Nutrient Loadings 1998-2005 (3.83 MB)
- Intercalibration of fish assessments of ecological status in Northern lakes – results from a pilot study (1.25 MB)
Water Framework Directive
- Water Framework Directive project reports and proceedings are available from the website www.wfdfish.ie.
CAISIE -Control of Aquatic Invasive Species in Ireland
- Control of Aquatic Invasive Species in Ireland project reports and proceedings are available from the website www.caisie.ie.
Environmental River Enhancement Programme
Habitats Directive and Red Data Book Fish species
- Habitats Directive and Red Data Book Fish species Summary Report 2014
- Habitats Directive and Red Data Book Fish Species Executive Report 2013
- Habitats Directive and Red Data Book Fish Species Executive Report 2012
- Habitats Directive and Red Data Book Fish Species Executive Report 2011
- Habitats Directive and Red Data Book Fish species Executive Report 2010
- Habitats Directive and Red Data Book Fish species Executive Report 2009
- A Report on a Scientific Survey of Adult Fish Stocks in Lough Ree
- Preliminary Observations in Relation to A Fish Stock Survey of Lough Ree in Spring, 2014
- A preliminary assessment of the potential impacts of Cormorant Phalacrocorax carbo predation on salmonids in four selected river systems (12.86 MB)
- IFI Corrib 2012 survey report final.pdf