Supporting the angling sector
Inland Fisheries Ireland is committed to ensuring that angling continues to be recognised as a valuable national asset and to achieve the maximum benefit to the exchequer by promoting angling as a leisure pursuit and by developing the tourism potential of the resource.
To this end the angling staff are involved in the following activities:
- Provide advice, assistance and material with regard to the Irish angling product to both national and overseas tour operators and agents;
- Optimise coverage of the Irish angling product with local, national and international media;
- Liaising with Bord Failte, Regional Tourism Organisations, market groups and travel companies to devise coordinated marketing strategies for the promotion of the angling product;
- Compiling and maintaining an up to date databank of angling information;
- Assisting at national angling events and providing educational material, lectures and courses on the value of the angling resource, conservation, species diversity and angling methods and techniques;
- surveying of fisheries to identify optimum angling locations and facilities.
Fishing in Ireland
For up to date angling information and fishing reports please visit our site: www.fishinginireland.info