A list of those reports, proceedings, papers and other publications available for download or on request.
- pdf Research Newsletter No. 6 (2.08 MB)
- pdf Research Newsletter No. 5 (1.86 MB)
- pdf Research Newsletter No. 4 (1.19 MB)
- pdf Research Newsletter No. 3 (2.16 MB)
- pdf Research Newsletter No. 2 (2.66 MB)
- pdf Research Newsletter No. 1 (1.33 MB)
- pdf Owenriff Fish Survey Report 2017 (5.09 MB)
- pdf Fish Stock Assessment of the River Barrow Catchment 2015 (3.18 MB)
- pdf A Report on a Scientific Survey of Adult Fish Stocks in Lough Ree (1.32 MB)
- pdf Preliminary Observations in Relation to A Fish Stock Survey of Lough Ree in Spring, 2014 (665 KB)
- default A preliminary assessment of the potential impacts of Cormorant Phalacrocorax carbo predation on salmonids in four selected river systems (12.86 MB)
- IFI Corrib 2012 survey report final.pdf
- pdf Lough O'Flynn 2008 (580 KB)
- pdf Lough Ennell Report 2004 (301 KB)
- pdf Lough Melvin Fish Stock Report 2001 (10.64 MB)
- pdf National Salmon Genetic Stock Identification Project Report 2008 (2.60 MB)
- pdf Population Structure and Genetic Stock Identification of Trout (Salmo trutta) of the Middle Shannon and Lough Ree Catchments INTERIM REPORT (750 KB)
- pdf A genetic study of the mixed trout populations of the Lough Ennell catchment (1.19 MB)
- pdf A genetic study of the mixed trout populations of the Boyne and Suir River catchments (1.46 MB)
- pdf A genetic study of the mixed trout populations of the Lough Mask catchment (1.34 MB)
- pdf Population Structure and Genetic Stock Identification of Trout (Salmo trutta) from the Moy Catchment INTERIM REPORT (836 KB)
- pdf Population Structure and Genetic Stock Identification of Trout (Salmo trutta) from three Dublin Rivers: Dodder, Liffey and Tolka INTERIM REPORT (825 KB)
Codes of practice, operating procedures and environmental guidelines
- default Biosecurity Protocol for Field Survey Work (505.83 kB)
- default Code of Practice for the use of Fyke Nets for Fisheries Management Purposes (615.81 kB)
- default Guidelines on the Planning, Design, Construction & Operation of Small-Scale Hydro-Electric Schemes and Fisheries (438.5 kB)
- default OPW Environmental Management Protcols and SOPs 04/11 (4.48 MB)
- default Planning for Watercourses in the Urban Environment (3.43 MB)
Irish Freshwater Fisheries, Ecology and Management Series
- pdf Quantification of the Freshwater Salmon Habitat Asset in Ireland using data interpreted in a GIS platform (3.86 MB)
- Channels & Challenges.The enhancement of salmonid rivers.
This book examines the work done on the improvement and management of Inland Fisheries over the past number of years. Available for purchase. Find out more about Channels and Challenges.
- pdf Dace (Leuciscus leuciscus L.): an Invasive Fish Species in Ireland (1.33 MB) .
- An assessment of the impact of navigation construction on the lower Lough Allen fishery.
- Brown Trout in Ireland.
This beautifully illustrated book deals with all aspects of the trout's ecology and biology. It is written in a very readable style and would appeal, particularly, to the inquisitive angler who wishes to know more about his quarry. Available for purchase. Find out more about Brown Trout in Ireland.
- default First record and initial hydroacoustic stock assessment of pollan Coregonus autumnalis Pallas in Lough Allen, Ireland. Biology and Environment: Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy 110B, 69-74. (518.87 kB)
- default Chub (Leuciscus cephalus): a new potentially invasive fish species in Ireland. Aquatic Invasions (2008) Volume 3, Issue 2: 201-209 (890.04 kB)
- default The Water Framework Directive: using fish as a management tool. Biology and Environment: Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy 109B, 191–206. (423.81 kB)
Research Project Summaries
- pdf Research Summary Report 2013 (5.72 MB) default
- default Research Project Summaries 2012
- default Research Project Summaries 2011
- default Research Project Summaries 2010
- default Research Project Summaries 2009
- default Research Project Summaries 2008
- default Research Project Summaries 2007
Environmental River Enhancement Programme
- pdf EREP Annual Report 2017 (14.29 MB)
- pdf EREP Annual Report 2014 (2.11 MB)
- pdf EREP Annual Report 2013 (5.26 MB)
- pdf EREP Annual Report 2012 (3.74 MB)
- pdf EREP Annual Report 2011 (7.77 MB)
- default The Environmental River Enhancement Programme (1.73 MB)
Reports and Proceedings
Lough Melvin Nutrient Reduction Programme
- default Lough Melvin Cachment Management Plan - Executive Summary (3.18 MB)
- default Evaluation of the controls and governance arrangements pertaining to the management of Lough Melvin (452.44 kB)
- default default To develop and provide an agri-environmental suite of measures to safeguard and improve the environment of the Lough Melvin catchment default (4.37 MB)
- default default To investigate the use of nutrient trading default (703.04 kB)
- default default Economic value of fish species default (380.73 kB)
- default To develop and provide an agri-environmental suite of measures to safeguard and improve the environment of the Lough Melvin catchment (516.92 kB)
- default Water Quality and Limnology of Lough Melvin 1990-2007 (762.63 kB)
Water quality reports
- default default Lough Sheelin and its catchment Water Quality Status and Nutrient Loadings 1998-2005 (3.83 MB)
- default Intercalibration of fish assessments of ecological status in Northern lakes – results from a pilot study (1.25 MB)
Water Framework Directive
- Water Framework Directive project reports and proceedings are available from the website www.wfdfish.ie.
CAISIE -Control of Aquatic Invasive Species in Ireland
- Control of Aquatic Invasive Species in Ireland project reports and proceedings are available from the website www.caisie.ie.