Appointments to the Board of Inland Fisheries Ireland
The Ministers for Communications, Climate Action and Environment and Rural and Community Development invite applications from suitably qualified applicants to fill two vacancies on the Board of Inland Fisheries Ireland.
Candidates must demonstrate in their application, evidence of relevant knowledge and experience at an appropriately senior level under one of the following areas:
Candidates must have two or more of the following
- - Experience at an appropriately senior level of good corporate governance and compliance practices.
- - Experience of strategic management and managing organisational change.
- - A recognised qualification in Corporate Governance and/or management.
- - Significant relevant professional experience of risk management.
Organisational Development and Change Management
- Candidates must have significant professional experience at a level in a role which directs organisational development and/or contributes to strategic reviews/strategic change initiatives.
It would be desirable that candidates have experience and/or qualifications in one or more of the following areas;
- - Communications.
- - Public Relations (PR).
- - A proven ability to bring a regional and rural perspective to the considerations of the Board.
- - Stakeholder Engagement.
Section 12 (5) of the Inland Fisheries Act 2010 states that :
A person shall not be appointed by the Minister to be a member of IFI unless he or she has had experience of or shown capacity in one or more of the following areas:
- (a) agriculture or riparian land ownership,
- (b) aquaculture,
- (c) business or commercial affairs,
- (d) commercial fishing,
- (e) environmental/biodiversity matters,
- (f) fish processing,
- (g) fisheries ownership,
- (h) legal or regulatory affairs,
- (i) matters pertaining to disability,
- (j) recreational fisheries (including river and sea angling),
- (k) regional development, and
- (l) tourism,
and shall be appointed with a view to representing the public interest in respect of inland fisheries matters including sea angling.
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please apply through State Boards.ie