Our Commitment to You
Inland Fisheries Ireland is committed to providing an efficient, courteous, respectful and professional service to all our stakeholders. This Customer Charter and Customer Action Plan will inform customers of the standards of service they can expect from IFI.
Equality and Diversity
We acknowledge the diversity of our customer base and will ensure that all our customers receive the same high quality of service.
Communicating With Us By telephone
- We will answer all calls as promptly as possible, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays (see Appendix I for office hours).
- We will identify ourselves and our area of work, being helpful, courteous and professional at all times.
- Where it is necessary to transfer your call to another member of staff, where possible, we will tell you their name and their position within the organisation.
- When the person you wish to speak to is unavailable we will assist you in leaving a message with reception or on the individual’s voicemail.
- We will respond to all voicemail messages promptly and as a general rule, aim to respond by the following day.
- Please note calls made to IFI mobiles from withheld numbers will be responded to if a message is left with details of the caller’s name and number.
Written correspondence by letter, email or through social media
- We will acknowledge written correspondence within 5 working days of receipt.
- A full response to all correspondence will issue within 20 working days, or, where this is not possible, an interim reply will be given explaining the reason for the delay and advising when you can expect a full response.
- E-mails to ‘office location@’ addresses will be acknowledged and referred to the appropriate areas of the organisation in the first instance, to be dealt with by the relevant staff member.
- IFI understands that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, we will not be in a position to respond to every comment on the IFI Facebook page. In the event that you wish to raise a query on fisheries related matters, we would ask that you do so by letter or email, providing your contact details and daytime telephone number.
Coming to see us at our public offices
- On arrival you will be welcomed at reception and we will aim to keep your waiting time to a minimum.
- All callers who have appointments will be received promptly when staff have been informed of their arrival.
- We will endeavour to accommodate you if you don’t have an appointment.
- We will provide clean accessible offices and appropriate facilities for meetings. We will facilitate access for people with impaired mobility and others with specific needs.
- All visitors to our offices will be treated with respect and courtesy, ensuring that there is no discrimination.
Visits to our Laboratory and Fish Farm are by appointment only.
Please note that during certain periods of the year, particularly over the summer months, some of our staff will be involved in field work and may not be available at short notice.
Download the full Customer Charter and Customer Action Plan: pdf Customer Charter (776 KB)